For a current list of our topics click here.
The Group aims to cover interventions for the whole range of neuromuscular disease. In 2008 we began to develop a strategy for covering tests of diagnostic accuracy for neuromuscular disease.
We consider neuromuscular disease to include:
1. muscle diseases;
2. neuromuscular junction disorders;
3. peripheral neuropathy;
4. motor neuron disorders;
5. other disorders related to neuromuscular disease;
6. generic treatments for neuromuscular disease;
7. 'orphan' diseases, which affect the peripheral and central nervous system.
We include all aspects of management, including:
2. acute management;
3. psychosocial interventions (such as stress relaxation, meditation and biofeedback);
4. complementary medicine;
There are areas of known or potential shared interests with the following groups:
Anaesthesia, Critical and Emergency Care Group
Back and Neck Group
Cystic Fibrosis and Genetic Disorders Group
Depression, Anxiety and Neurosis Group
Gynaecological, Neuro-oncology and Orphan Cancers Group
Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders Group
Infectious Diseases Group
Movement Disorders Group
Multiple Sclerosis and Rare Diseases of the Central Nervous System Group
Pain, Palliative and Supportive Care Group
Offers of protocols/reviews on subjects which may be shared with any of the these or other Groups are resolved by negotiation with the relevant Co-ordinating Editors before the protocol or review is accepted.